This interactive workshop explores a biblical perspective of challenges, and the call to anchor ourselves in hope instead of frustration or despair. We will examine Jesus’ words to Peter from Luke 22:31-32:
“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”
You will create a timeline of times of sifting in your life. Then through teaching and discussion, we will explore how:
- Sifting is ordained by God.
- It’s within His permissible will, so it’s not a surprise to Him.
- God is present in our time of sifting.
- Especially in suffering or pain—the power of the Holy Spirit is in us.
- There is purpose in our sifting.
- God matures us, fosters dependence on Him so we can encourage others.